Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Who knew we had a fish?

A few weeks ago Luvbug took swim lessons with a buddy of hers. It was literally 2 days after we moved and I was about 25 weeks preggo with twins and the whole time preparing for our class I was thinking....."oh my word! what have I gotten myself into? I can barely move how am I going to handle this?" I could just imagine a screaming struggling very strong toddler pushing and pulling a very preggo overtired momma...which would only bring to tears on both our sides and an accident for one of us.

But after a horrific search to find a swim suit that would fit my over term body, 3o minutes of sun block application, a quick hello to our friends and a shuffle past our new teacher, and with only the tiniest of fussing Luvbug surprised me as her fins and gills took over. :) I was shocked that by the end of our swim lessons we literally had a fish on our hands. This child has no fear of the water...which for full disclosure is nerve wracking for me. BUT really I am SO PROUD of her because by the end of the week she was already gliding short distance under the water...swimming from the instructor to me!

So now in the midst of our 101 to-do list we stop everything so Luvbug can stretch her fins and swim. But I have to admit the excitement she has for the swimming makes my worry over our growing to-do list fade. Parenting is all about the balancing act, right? Well that's what I am learning as we prepare to have 3 lil' ones fighting for our attention.


Excited about her first trip to the pool this summer.

Playtime in the water!
Loving swim time with daddy!
Getting ready for swim lessons---what a cutie! I am not biased at all! :)

Splashing in the pool before swim class started.

1 comment:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

That pic of her in mid air is awesome! And yes she is cute;)