28 WEEKS!
This is a milestone for us! Our 2 little ones
are finally producing surfactant
which is a chemical that basically allows their lungs to inflate.
Obviously this help out a great deal if I were to go into preterm labor....
Which, lets be honest I have worried about since
statistics for twin pregnancy going to full term are not in our favor.
So from the beginning of this pregnancy I have mentally
been thinking and praying to meet
this milestone and here we are!
In any pregnancy every week is a milestone
but for me mentally this one is huge!
are finally producing surfactant
which is a chemical that basically allows their lungs to inflate.
Obviously this help out a great deal if I were to go into preterm labor....
Which, lets be honest I have worried about since
statistics for twin pregnancy going to full term are not in our favor.
So from the beginning of this pregnancy I have mentally
been thinking and praying to meet
this milestone and here we are!
In any pregnancy every week is a milestone
but for me mentally this one is huge!
Updates on our 2 Peas (i.e. Baby A- our baby Girl, Baby B- our baby boy):
Ultra Sound Pictures at 20 weeks:
Baby A- Profile

Baby B- Profile

- Baby A is head down. Good girl stay that way! With Baby B still horizontal but with is head touching his sisters feet. Which according to our Dr. is a great sign that he may turn down too. We want to avoid a C-section very badly so the babies have to meet some criteria first (each Dr. criteria seem to differ). So pray for each of them to be head down.
- They are both on track in their weight gain as if they were a singleton pregnancy. Which according to our last measurements our baby girl weighed in at 1lb 15 oz and our baby boy 2lb 5oz!
- According to the sonogram our baby girl is constantly kicking her brother in the head. But don't worry he stands his ground and pushes back.
- The last ultrasound we saw was surreal in several freeze frames we saw all 4 hands and all 4 feet. Talk about letting the truth set in!
- First of all everything from a health stand point is great and right on track. YAY! We had a little scare a few visits ago with my cervix shortening 10 cm in 1 week and being only 10 cm away from bed rest. Which I found out right before we moved! YIKES! But praise God there are no signs of it further shortening. All updates from all doc's are good! I like that news. It is both reassuring and some how rewarding to me! ***Beware below is some preggo venting.....
- I feel like a living furnace. Its horrible. It lasts all day and all night no matter what. Getting outside is almost unbearable. The pool even feels like a sauna to me.
- My energy is tapped out almost all the time which is super frustrating for a stay at home momma who wants her 2 year old to have a fun summer.
- Its getting impossible to drive, sit on the floor, play with luvbug, bend down, shave my legs and pretty much move in any direction. oohhh did I mention about a month ago I hit the normal full term size of a women pregnant with 1 baby. So yes all my preggo clothes from Luvbug no longer fit. I am BIG which I will gladly endure with smile on my face if that means my lil' babies stay in for as long as needed but it just means everything and yes I do mean everything is exceedingly difficult for me.....I think that's enough venting for now.
- He is busier than busy. Juggling it all! I do mean all....work , Luvbug, new house stuff, organizing, and a million other things. From sun up to sun down he doesn't stop! Even now he is building Luvbug's new furniture. He is super man and we love him even more for it!
- But he does get rewarded for it every so often like his first taste of In and Out Burger. And I am hoping my Madre will babysit so I can take him to see Harry Potter.
- He is enjoying all the ultrasound pictures and feeling the jump house my belly is. He is super excited about having 3 kids! :)
- She compares all babies we see either in public or in pictures to, "my little brother and my little sister." So I'd say she is still excited.
- This weekend we were at Chick-Fil-A and she pointed at another booth and said, "A big sister with her little brother." It was the sweetest thing to know she is understanding what a big sister is!
- She is helping pick out clothes and baby items for her brother and sister. As well as sorting her old clothes for her sister and she seems very excited about it all.
Ultra Sound Pictures at 20 weeks:
Baby A- Profile
Baby B- Profile
3 comments:
Love it! Glad to hear the twins are doing so well. I know it is hard on you...keep up the good work mama:)
I am soo happy to hear you made it to 28 weeks. When we were in the NICU they emphasized how big of a milestone that is! Good luck with the Texas heat during these last couple weeks!
you're doing so great!! you are such a great momma to all 3 of your babies!!
Post a Comment