Sunday, August 1, 2010

River Fever!

A few weeks ago we embarked on our annual Jasper River Trip. I have to admit I was kinda frazzled about having a toddler strap down for a 7 hour car ride but with covert planning (aka driving during night night times) and lots of sugary treats luvbug did surprisingly well. We stopped over night in our favorite Texas city, ate some amazing BBQ and stayed with some old friends which was a wonderful add to our river experience. I wasn't sure that the river would be a fun place to play for a toddler who has trouble stopping a task once she sets her mind to it and I envisioned myself chasing her away from the rough areas in the river and then subsequent melt downs that followed. But it turned out to be the best time Luvbug has had!! She loved wadding in the water, throwing rocks, and playing in the baby pool. And mommy looooovvvveeeedd the traditional morning walk luvbug took with MiMi and Papa every morning. Despite the zebra strip sunburn on only ONE leg Hubs got we all had a wonderful time! We are already looking forward to next year.

Stopping on the way to play at one of our old favorite places

Playing at the splash park with our old baby belly friend (preggo at the same time)

When we first got to the house Luvbug was so excited to be out of the car she didn't even wait to put a bathing suit before she jumped into the water. Her excitement was super cute,we just gave in. I know what all those future parents are thinking but really it was only water! come on!

Mimi & Papa always give the cutest outfits.

Can't have a summer vacation without Snow Cone!

"Wahtuh"

Did you know this beauty is in Texas? I didn't until I saw it for the first time 5 years ago!

By the end of the trip we had a water frog

No comments: