Friday, January 23, 2009

Melt me!

Our lil' Love Bug had her 4 month doctor's apt. the other day and she weighed in at 16 lbs 3 oz and was 24.5 inches. I can't believe how big she is!! As the nurse went through the developmental check list she was right on track with all of them!! She is already rolling over, bringing her hands together, holding a toy in her hands, talking up a storm and much much more. There is nothing more comforting than hearing that you have a healthy and thriving baby.

Justin came home to take her to her apt because I wasn't feeling well but at the last minute I decided I had to go with them. And I am so glad we were both there, we had one of those melt your heart moments as parents. When the doctor came into to examine her the room suddenly was filled with tons of people, more than usual so Justin and I were unable to stay close to her line of sight. Justin and I were in engaged in conversation with the doctor and we suddenly look down at our sweet baby's face and our hearts just melted. She had a huge frown forming and then let out a sweet whimper. We reassured her and then the doctor moved her in a different direction and she was frantically looking around for us and then made another frown. We both came closer to reassure her and all was well with her world again. It was just amazing to see how she now finds a huge distinction between her parents and other people. It just melted our hearts to know she wanted both of us.

No comments: