Monday, August 10, 2009

PAMPERS- Mom Approved & RN Approved!

I was made to be a mom...I have always known that this is my calling!! And I absolutely love being a stay at home mom and I am even more blessed to have a husband that wants me to stay at home with our kiddos more than me. I am also a registered nurse and love finding ways to use my nursing knowledge to help others and to support the medical field and public health. SO I get really excited when my love for being a mom and nurse can be combined in some way. Every time I see a pampers commercial I get excited! I mean what else do I have to look forward to when my luvbug is sleeping...I am a stay at home mom and sometimes there not much excitement around! :)

There is nothing a parent hates more than in the middle of the night changing a leaking diaper, pj's, sheets, etc. or to have a huge blowout that results in an adorable outfit being permanently ruined. I have tried many brands of diapers but Pampers is the only kind that can make it through the night and withstand a huge blowout. I never thought I would be a diaper snob...I mean why wouldn't you buy the generic brands to save a lil' money but that is no longer my mindset. I figured I don't get much sleep anyway so I don't need a few bucks saved with a generic brand to give me even less sleep. And for a while I felt pretty guilty about it until I saw that GLORIOUS Pampers commercial advertising their 1 pack= 1 vaccine program. Pampers partners with UNICEF to provide tetanus vaccines to expecting mothers. Here in America many of us hear the word tetanus and think ohhh that's not to bad. BUT tetanus claims 140,000 babies a year!! The wonderful news is that this horrible disease can be prevented with the vaccine...and it is not just benefiting the baby but the mother too which in turn helps protect her future unborn children for 10 years before a booster dose is needed. The rewards of this vaccine are absolutely wonderful and it just keeps giving and giving. In 2009 in just North America pampers 1 pack= 1 vaccine program was able to provide funding for 31 million tetanus vaccines to protect mother's and their newborns. MY GUILT IS GONE!!! And pampers has me hooked!! Of course like anything this promotion is only on specialty marked diapers and wipes during certain promotional periods...so be on the look out when you are picking up diapers for your lil' one. But pampers doesn't stop there they also sponsor mobile health care vans in Pakistan and Morocco and also are involved with a program that helps teach Chinese physicians medical care advances and techniques. So I am a happy mother within my own lil' world here at home but I am also excited to help benefit public health around the world.

Plus our luvbug is happy since she wakes up in her dry cozy bed.

FYI- Pampers gets my vote on the diapers but not the wipes. I love the pampers "FLEX" diapers and I save my money by buying generic Costco brand wipes.

No comments: