Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Sick Lil' Lovebug

So it has been a sad and exhausting couple of days at our place. Our lil' lovebug has finally come down with her first illness. She has the dreaded common infant ear infection, a cough, and a cold. :( I never knew how hard it would be to watch our precious lil' one be sick. There have been many sleepless nights filled with worry....every time she would cough I would jump up to a ready position. And then of course the nurse in me would stay awake going over checklist after checklist in my mind of did I do the best thing to make her feel better... and of course the paranoia of my how bad could this get list...and then that would turn into prayers. I never thought I would be a worrying parent but I hate to admit it I have joined the worrying mothers team. Not only have I learned I am part of the worrying mothers team I have learned how strong mothers intuition can be and the importance of mot ignoring it no matter what dad says (sorry daddy). I can't wait to have our lil' lovebug completely back to her smiling and giggling self.

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Man that sucks. So far we have been lucky on Savi being sick. (knocking on wood!) I hope she feels better soon!

Jen McCrady said...

aw poor thing... she's still cute even when she's sick though :)