Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Simple Life.... How Glorious It Is!!!





Last night our precious baby girl was being the cutest she has ever been. Its so amazing how her personality is developing so rapidly these days. I was feeding her before she went to sleep and she began to look up at me and then let a huge smile, laugh and then nuzzle in to me. She kept this up several times and I finally called Justin in to watch and then she just kept getting cuter and cuter. I picked her up to face me and begun to give kisses to her on her checks and she began to try to kiss me back (of course her form of kissing...with an open mouth sucking on my chin). After a few moments of playing she started kissing again and then nuzzling. Its so hard to capture how cute it was through words but it was literally the most amazing family time we have had since she was born. She brings so much joy to us just by the simplicity of her life. Before last night I had been thinking about how much our life has slowed down (especially mine!!) and how simple everything had become for us and last night made me value the simplicity of our life so much. What I wear, or what I drive, or how we decorate or home, or how many new gadgets we have in our house just simply doesn't matter any more. All that matters now is that our baby girl is healthy and happy. Every time I look at her smiling face and hear her laugh the world around me stops and I am reminded of how good my simple life really is!!! Praise God for our simple life that is so very very GLORIOUS!!!!!

No comments: